Monday, July 22, 2013

Family fun

I learned about sensory bins here and decided to try them out.  I made very simplified versions of the Doc McStuffins one and the dinosaur one.  I made them for my 7 year old, but my husband and 10 year old had tons of fun playing with the dinosaurs.  I used an old plastic container, a bag of split peas I had on hand, and a bag of dinosaurs I bought for $1.  Totally worth it!  I will be trying out more of these in the future.


  



Coloring night at our house was also a success.  We were all bored.  There was nothing to do.  Well nothing that we could think of that was free and not outside in the heat.  So we broke out the coloring books, crayons, markers, and colored pencils.  We spent hours coloring together and listening to music.  It was an amazing night of free family fun.













1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I bet it is a good way to have casual, yet probably important, conversations with your kids! Similar to dinner-time

    ReplyDelete